Sweet little Huddy turned 15 months on the 23rd. He’s such a big boy these days! Emma and I took him for his 15 month appointment this morning and would you believe he has grown 2 whole inches in 3 months? That would explain why his clothes are all too short! I swear he eats like a teenage boy too and will probably cause us to go bankrupt with his eating habits. Just kidding.
Anywho, here are his stats:
- Weight- 24 lbs 9 oz (50th percentile)
- Height- 32 3/4 inches (90th percentile!)
- Head circumference-can’t remember! (75th percentile)
The doctor also went through the list of things he’s supposed to be doing and Hudson was at an 18 month level which is great! He also had to get 2 shots and for the first time ever he hardly cried. Mommy had so much anxiety about his shots probably because Emma got 3 just over a week ago, but it wasn’t that bad at all. Unfortunately at his 18 month appt he will get 3! Then he’ll be finished with shots for awhile. Hallelujah!
So what are you up to these days Hudson?
- I hope I don’t jinx this but after about 6 months of rough sleeping you have been doing wonderful this past week! Mommy and Daddy love it when you sleep 12+ hours!
- Sometimes your naps are 2 hours but lots of time I only get 30 minutes-1 hour
- You only have 2 more teeth on the bottom and you will have all of your teeth! (besides 2 year molars)
- Some of your words include “mama, dada, dog, bite, bubble, pop, bye” and I swear he said “Ru-Rus” today while we were Skyping!
- You love to be outside and will try to open the door all the time. Then you pitch a fit when I don’t let you go out but Braxton gets too.
- You make the funniest noises like “aaaahhhh” in a scary voice and then you just started putting your lips together and making cute noises too.
- You wave bye bye at cars when they drive by the house and it’s so sweet!
- Brushing your teeth is still one of your favorite activities. Maybe that means no cavities in your future?
- You fell off mommy and daddy’s bed for the 1st time about a week ago and I felt so bad. I had just walked in the door and you wanted me to pick you up and I laid you on the bed to make you laugh. Then I started to gripe at your daddy for taking down my clothes and while I wasn’t paying attention you went chasing after the cat. It was scary but you were just fine.
- Every night we read you 2 books before bedtime and you love it! It’s something that we started doing with your sister when she was around the same age and it’s just precious. You still go to bed at 7pm most of the time and mommy loves it!
- Your favorite chores are unloading the dishwasher and vacuuming! Seriously, it cracks me up! Almost everyday me, you, and Emma vacuum before daddy gets home and you love to help. We need to start a family cleaning business I think.
- Most of your clothes are 18-24 months still but they are getting short. I promise we’ll get you longer pants soon. Mommy is trying to hold out for summer clothes!
- When mommy gets out our steam mop and mops the kitchen you think the steam is bubbles. You chase the steam around the kitchen trying to catch it and laugh so hard. I just love it!
I know I’m missing other cute things you do but mommy’s brain shuts down after 8pm so I’m running on fumes tonight. You keep me very busy everyday by getting into everything. Seriously, I don’t ever remember your sister being such a monkey at this age but that’s okay. You’re just keeping me young.
Before I forget, I have a funny story to share. After we left the doctor’s office today I took the kids to Chick-fil-A for an early lunch. We had been eating for probably 5 minutes when I went to put H’s hair behind his ear. He needs a haircut. As I was fiddling with his long beautiful locks I felt something and immediately thought it was food. He is always getting food stuck in his hair. When it wouldn’t budge I looked to see just what kind of food it was and what did mommy find???
You see, I don’t handle ticks very well. Never have never will.
I immediately dialed my mother-in-law and started sweating profusely. No answer.
Then I remembered there was a father with his son and a grandfather in the play area. I ran out there and probably looked a little crazy and explained my situation. The dad walked over to Hudson and said “yep, it’s attached” like it was no big deal. ha! Then he told me he was a vet and that I should take him to our pediatrician’s office and let them remove it. I explained to him that we had just left the office.
So after only eating half of our lunch and tackling Emma out of the play area we were on our way back to the doctor. I called them almost hysterical and they were so wonderful. We walked in and they took us right back to a room. That’s when I really thought I might have a panic attack. Michelle, the nurse, offered to hold Hudson as I started crying and Dr. D removed all of the tick. She tried to show it to me but I refused to get near that bad boy. Yuck! She said it was a dog tick and he should be fine. I had them check both kids for more ticks but luckily didn’t find any. Whew, what a day! I had to treat myself to a Starbucks latte after that! Tomorrow we plan to treat Braxton with stuff and probably spray our yard. We have been outside almost everyday for the past week so he could have easily gotten one. I just wasn’t expecting it! Glad it’s over and we never experience that again.
This mommy is about to fall over at any minute and I might just get lost in our crazy messy house. It is really bad. I’m also suffering from icky yucky heartburn so I’m going to park my hind parts on the couch for some 20/20 love. Have a great Friday night and wonderful weekend! I’ll throw in 2 more pictures just because I’m in such a good mood!